Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Guest Designer: Nora Paolini

Hi everyone!

We have a special guest with us today! One of our recent winners, Nora Paolini, has joined us to share her beautiful art with us...



I am Nora from Uruguay, South America. After a few years of getting my law degree, I met an Italian guy, who would become my husband. Therefore, I moved to Italy, in 2007. Massi and I live in a small town, in the Friuli-Venezia-Giulia region, with our doggie Lucky. I love photography, travelling and reading. Two years ago, I found a new passion of crafting, and I have been learning techniques and experimenting since then. I love mixed media and altered art.



I took a plain wooden heart and made some stencilling with modeling paste. Then, I glued down on top of it some flowers, chipboards and art stones. The letters and hearts chipboards are from Scrapmatts. I used some DecoArt crackle paint. I coloured everything using acrylic paints (metallic and glossy); DecoArt fluids (Prussian blue hue and raw sienna). Finally, I applied some DecoArt metallic lustre (brilliant turquoise).

And a few close ups... 



Thank you very much, Nora! Your altered heart is absolutely stunning! We hope to see more of your art via our challenges! 

And thank you for stopping by, everyone! Don't forget, there is still time to enter the current challenge HERE. You do not have to go with the twist, it is optional, so let your imagination fly high and create something amazing! 

Good luck! Stay creative! 

Ingrid xxx 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Ingrid for your kindness, I feel very honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous project Nora, and great feature, congrats on the Guest DT, perfect~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work!! Congratulations sweetie 🎉🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x